Monday, November 06, 2006

can you smell me?

yesterday, when i was having a shower, i heard a man's voice in my apartment. for a second i thought it was the radio, but it turns out there actually was a real, live man trying to get my attention. it was the building owner. he was having a bit of a freak out because apparently all the water i was using in the shower was going directly into the bathroom below me. the ceiling tiles caved in and everything. so now i have to wait for the plumber before i can shower again. i'm all stinky and greasy, so i'm using this as an excuse to not leave my apartment or do any work on my course because i "can't concentrate" when i smell. so i'm going to smoke a bowl and do some paint-by-numbers instead of being a responsible adult.

4 comments:

JSN KWD said...

that reminds me my last month in my awful old apartment building when the landlord came in with some prospective tennants, and i was naked in my bedroom with headphones on, so i didn't hear them, but i did sense that someone was there. sadly, by then it was too late because my landlord had already glanced into the bedroom saw "my everything." oddly enough, i wasn't outraged or anything. i just said "hold on, i'll put a towel on" and that was it. i guess this means i'm getting less prudish, or alternately, that i'd already put up with so much in that wretched building that i just no longer had any dignity left.

Bummer said...

I cannot smell you, but then I can't smell anything- I'm sick.
I am planning to move at the end of december, after christmas. Are there any potential roommates out there? Is everyone scared to live with me? I would be. I'm pretty loco.
I have completely given up on being prudish. I sees my shame anymore. Anyhoo- I have to poop, so I will write more later.

french maid character said...

are you really going to move here? that would be fun.

Bummer said...

Yes, as soon as my credit card comes in the mail, I am on my way. I think my dad will drive the u-haul because I am too scared to drive the thing over the coquilhalla (sp?) myself. It's more likely that I will come after Christmas. I don't care about the cold- I plan on spending all my time indoors anyways!