Monday, January 31, 2005

skyscraper

so the dinner party was nice last night. except people always end up asking me questions like "so what's going on? boyfriend yet?" or "you seeing anyone yet?" or "why aren't you drunk yet?" i like the last question because that's when i get to say "well get me a drink, bitch." really, it's not that bad, but i have landed in the alternate universe called "couples" which is quickly morphing into "couples with babies." i think that's why i like hanging out with my older friends-- none of them have kids. and if they do, they're my age and want nothing to do with their parents, which frees up mom and/or dad to get drunk with me. it's a good arrangement for everyone. don't get me wrong-- kids are cool and having kids is cool and all that, but i am so not there. i like spontaneous mushroom highs and getting so drunk i can't brush my teeth without laughing hysterically in the bath tub. not a good time for children, but great for me.

i'm going to have a bath now. serious shaving to do.

1 comment:

Bummer said...

Who is this Gary character? Jen, are you hanging out with married couples? Wierd.
It is Saturday evening and I am lying around in a bra with my chunky gut hanging out and watching Cops. I am also considerring having another supper. I am doing this because I am hungover. I am hungover and I do not care.