Monday, December 04, 2006

jesus gives me chocolate

i nearly had a nervous breakdown last night (again.) yesterday was the first day of my cleanse, which basically means i'm only eating a limited selection of fruits, vegetables, protein and whole grains. no dairy, no salt, no sugar, no bread or pasta. ummmm, so basically i can't eat anything that i normally do. and holy fuck, after 5 pm, i basically started chain smoking and calling various people to complain about the astounding discomfort i was experiencing. i had to restrain myself from eating a package of cough drops left over from when i was sick. i was shaking. i was not able to concentrate on anything other than how goddamn hungry i felt, and how robin's donuts is just a few easy steps away from my front door. and then i remembered the chocolates in my freezer.

well, fuck. from 7pm until 10pm, all i thought about was how shitty i would feel if i ate them, how weak and pathetic i would feel if i couldn't eat sugar or fat for one measly day. it was serious internal conflict, serious jonesing. at 10:01pm i ate every single chocolate left in the box, and then i passed out.

on the upside, i had very pleasant dreams about being at parties with lots of cute, scruffy boys who all wanted to talk to me. i woke up without the waves of self loathing i had expected. i continued my cleansing regimen and joined the gym at the ywca and had an all round productive day. but now night has fallen once again, and i am fucking dying of sugar, fat, starch, etc. cravings. i am hungry. 10 glasses of water a day do not help fill you up, no matter what they say. god. and being a habitual pot smoker does not help.

technically, i'm not supposed to be smoking anything during this cleanse, but for christsake, i need something to keep me from licking jam residue from the inside of the fridge. or killing someone. so, i think tonight i'm going to smoke a bowl and try and deal with it until i can't, then i'm going to take a few sleeping pills (don't worry, they're "natural source") and sleep the pain away.

3 comments:

JSN KWD said...

well, a few years ago i tried fasting entirely. like, nothing except for some nutrition powder mixed into britta water. and everything started alright - i made it through the first day like a little tropper. the NEXT day, however, things were a little different. i began feeling really bewildered and communicated only with quiet grunts, like jodie foster in "nell," except that MY performance wasn't nominated for any awards. (come to think of it, neither was her's.) anyway, i did managed to make it through day two, and i think i even made it to what is commonly referred to as "detox" mode (i.e. - the body finally realizes that food is just not happening and so it prepares itself for death by jettisoning all un-necessary matter like that bowl of b.k. poutine you ate in 2001 that's still lodged in your intestines, etc.) i really should have stuck with it for day three, but i just couldn't. i caved and ate a soy wiener. and i just DEVOURED that shit.

i hope my little story helps you in your time of struggle.

JSN KWD said...

wow, did i say "tropper?" because i meant "trollop."

Bummer said...

I have been starving myself recently, and have been enjoying the weight loss. However, I have been extremely depressed. Yesterday I had my7 first real meal in weeks and I feel 90 percent better. See? Someone WANTS me to eat whatever the hell I want! Now if I could only get this insomnia thing down...