Saturday, February 10, 2007

who made who

yoikes. it's saturday morning, 8:30, and i've been up since seven. i get to go to work today for a morning workshop on real estate law. fun! and then i'm going to stick around for a few more hours and catch up on all the other shit i never seem to have time to do during the week. yesterday i spent 4 hours transcribing a voice recording of a meeting that was fifty seven minutes long. but, oddly enough, i don't totally hate doing that kind of thing-- it just takes for fucking ever. i do get a chance to write a lot because i usually just don't transcribe meetings, i usually summarize them. so it gives me a lot of room to paraphrase and interpret the content of the recordings. it's a good skill, and it's really helping my typing speed. plus, the content of these meetings is generally so far away from my range of knowledge, i'm forced to learn entirely new things whether i want to or not.

i was asking myself the other day why i bother writing the things i do on this blog. i haven't really thought very hard about that since i started the uglier house. maybe it's time to reassess this thing. i obviously want people to read it, but why? who am i primarily trying to connect with -- strangers or people i know? when i started this blog, i was living in whitehorse and going through a freaky time with a room mate i got "intimately" involved with. it was like keeping a "public" secret, putting out my dirt for my friends who don't live in whitehorse. now, i don't live in whitehorse and my life is pretty boring. the things i think about a lot of the time pertain to my life there (like my "special friend," and all the debaucherous times at my neighbour's house, to mention a few examples.)i don't mind having a quiet life right now. i think i need this time to rest and regroup. i don't really care about going to berlin at the moment. my original plan was to try and get a tsl job there after living in regina, but now i just want to go back to whitehorse and do berlin later.

anyway, back to why i have this blog. . . i don't know. i'm a wannabe exhibitionist? i want someone to read this shit and "see me for who i really am?" (puke!) most of my life and thoughts don't get recorded here, though. maybe i should write a memoir and get it over with.

god, i'm totally boring myself. that's a pretty good indication i should stop writing today. hmmm. . . am i trying to entertain or impress people? i think it was easier to do that in whitehorse because my life was more interesting, but now that i'm laying low, there's not so much funny, weird shit to write about.

2 comments:

JB said...

what did you have for breakfast?

french maid character said...

half a grapefruit, whole grain bagel with lots of cream cheese, strong, fresh coffee with low fat milk, honey and a hint of cinnamon, a glass of water, two prozac, one multi-vitamin, one birth control pill, and two cigarettes.