Tuesday, January 09, 2007

secretary

well, i sure am a working girl now. and oddly enough, it's not horrible. it's a refreshing change to be in a working environment that's hectic and disorganized and i'm not responsible for making it that way. i find it energizing. and it makes it easier on me as the new person in the office. my parent's lawyer approached me at my grandpa's funeral a few weeks ago and invited me to apply for a position in his office. it turns out the job is actually for him and one of his clients. i'm a corporate secretary (i love the term "secretary"-- it's very sexy) and a paralegal. i had a little bit of a freak out last weekend because having a job made me feel like regina is a more permanent situation, which in turn, made me so homesick for whitehorse and the people there. anyway, i got over it. i can leave anytime i want, and while i'm here i'm going to make the best of it. besides, it was way more fun being unemployed in whitehorse in the summer than it was being unemployed in regina in the winter.

4 comments:

JSN KWD said...

holy shit, we need to watch working girl together soon.

french maid character said...

totally. i love that movie. really.

Bummer said...

Me too! Sigorny (Sp?) Weaver is the poop.
Also, last night I watched cinematic masterpiece: Lucas. It is star-studded! Corey Hain, Allison from Melrose Place, Wynona Ryder, Charlie Sheen and even Jeremy Piven has a scene where he crushes an orange between his biceps and forarm.

Bummer said...

Wow- I had written that last posting about 5 days ago, and it just showed up today!!!
Query: why would you name an infant "Sigorney"? It is not a lovely name.
Query #2: When is the last time any of you did acid? I haven't seen any since Regina!!