Sunday, January 28, 2007

put your "inner self" in me


i haven't been writing much on this blog lately. most of my time is spent at work, the gym, and my couch. work is a challenge, thus the "stoned" couch addiction. it's my preferred way to unwind. actually, getting stoned in the bath tub is referred to as "the cure" in my house. going to the gym balances everything out. my social life consists mainly of sunday brunch and that's ok. i'm enjoying laying low and spending most of my free time alone. because when i'm alone i can be as naked and silly as i want to be without judgement from anyone but myself.


also, when i'm alone i get to do a lot of thinking and writing, which has also been good for me lately. my own company is more interesting to me than anyone else's right now anyway. not that my friends (or potential friends) don't have fine qualities that deserve my attention, but you know, i'm more into exploring my "inner self" these days.


i think my "inner self" looks very much like i did when i was five.

5 comments:

Bummer said...

Are those shots of Regina? The sky is so blue!!! Here the sky is...muddy.
One of my favorite things has always been the beer/bath/smoke. Plus music. Soaking and toppping up with more hot water when it starts to go cold. Its best in a claw foot tub.

french maid character said...

yeah, that's regina. on a good day.
music is important when taking "the cure." usually neko case. i don't like smoking cigarettes in the tub, though. it doesn't fit in with the "cleansing" theme of "the cure."

JSN KWD said...

that picture of whatever building that is (avon tower?) is pretty great, especially when you look at it all big and stuff. and without photoshop, i'm assuming. good for you!

JSN KWD said...

or maybe it's "avord tower." you know, regina has, what, six skyscrapers? you think i'd be able to keep track of them.

french maid character said...

thank you. i'm happy that you like the photo.