Sunday, March 18, 2007

spotted dick

i don't know what i'd do without coronation street. i used to make fun of my friend shaeya when we were room mates because she was a fan. i always thought it was a tv program that was solely produced for the elderly and mentally unstable. i was sort of right, i guess. m. got me into it when we first started seeing each other, and i've been hooked ever since. i thought it was so quirky and sweet when m. wanted to get up bright and early on the sunday morning of the weekend we first spent together to watch the week's worth of episodes. my room mates were out of town and m. and i went on a "date" that friday night and he ended up staying the whole weekend. it was total bliss. (sigh.) anyway, coronation street has become one of those comfort shows for me, like kids in the hall used to be.

oh the drama of corry. now i'm ready for brunch. stoned sunday morning brunch binge. i love it. my best and oldest friend heather just called from toronto. she asked me to collaborate on a performance art piece that i and another performer will produce for a conference at the university of regina. i'm super excited about it-- it's my first paying gig as an "artist." she's sending me the contract today.

it constantly amazes me how creative and talented my friends are-- all of them, without exception. it also amazes me how most of us, myself included, have trouble generating money for ourselves. like, a majority of my friends are highly gifted and financially restricted. there are a lot of different circumstances that contribute to this state for all of us, and i'm not suggesting that each of us is not personally responsible for our own financial situation. i'm just curious as to why a bunch of smart, educated people who have known each other for years, are kind of meandering down a similar path, unsure of where we want to go. or maybe i'm just projecting. hmmm. stoned on a sunday morning.

6 comments:

Bummer said...

Jen, I miss you so much. I was up and ready to leave Van but then I got the crazy raise and I am making well over 20 bucks an hour and how can i say no(?)... I want to visit then, I guess- for one -two months in Regina. There is a Harris office in Regina (the union I am with) so maybe I could work a few days here and there. But to get there will require a new skill- something called 'saving' money. What the fuck is that all about?? I have never accumulated a check on top of another one, since.. the Facts of Life?
I have been going on dates- Yes! REAL dates bc guys from my worksite are asking me out all the time. am i skinny now? no. do i wax my moustache as regularly as i should? no. but! i AM the only girl they see for 8 hrs a day so i am bone-able. i strongly recommend all straight girls and gay men to get into the construction industry- men!!! MEN!!! And I miss you and love you to bits. Tell me when I should come and visit and I I will make arrangement s with my work and we will all be gorgeous once again. Man, do I ever miss you.

Bummer said...

Wow- I was so drunk when I wrote that- i threw up in the cab on the way home from the bar. Look how overly affectionate I was! So full of drunk love! However, there are fewer spellng mistakes and grammatical errors than I usually have in a post. What up with that? Good stuff.

JSN KWD said...

you threw up in a cab?

Bummer said...

To be accurate, I was in the cab, but my head was hanging out like a dog's. I don't know why, but I feel five million times worse as soon as I get into a cab for the ride home.

alex said...

Further, I now notice that the dream is http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=shopperbag the reproduction of a little scene which transpired between my wife and myself when I was secretly courting her.. it aims http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=yer at a repetition of that perception which is connected with the fulfillment of the want...

Anonymous said...

Good words.